Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - [Ctrl-Shift] What do teachers do? Article

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

[Ctrl-Shift] What do teachers do? Article

  • From: "Miriam Larson" (larsonmi AT u4sd.org via ctrl-shift Mailing List) <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • To: ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [Ctrl-Shift] What do teachers do? Article
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 10:45:39 -0600

Hi all,

I want to share this article with you all because it articulates a problem that I think is at the heart of the education technology revolution as well. People think they know teaching because they have been students, but they don't.

I increasingly recognize teaching as facilitation and this will only grow as educational technology creates short-cuts for information access. But how do we bring light to that facilitation? How does good educational technology take that into account? What are ways you see educational technology trends sidelining teacher voice and expertise?

All the best,
Miriam

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.

Top of Page