Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - [Ctrl-Shift] Meddling In the Middle

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

[Ctrl-Shift] Meddling In the Middle

  • From: "Charles Schultz" (sacrophyte AT gmail.com via ctrl-shift Mailing List) <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • To: ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [Ctrl-Shift] Meddling In the Middle
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 19:51:01 -0600

Good evening, Shifters,

My brother-in-law sent me an thoughtful article about the changing landscape of the art of teaching, and it reminded me a lot of what CTRL Shift is trying to accomplish. I'll let you decide if you agree or not. What really made me think is his (my brother-in-law, not the author) conclusion that if we were to teach learning as a skill (as opposed to content mastery as an end-game), we would have a much better foundation to relate to each other, and thereby allow "empathy to emerge" (his words, I cannot take credit for it).

--
Charles Schultz

  • [Ctrl-Shift] Meddling In the Middle, Charles Schultz, 11/07/2018

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.

Top of Page