Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - Re: [Ctrl-Shift] changing topic to Pattsi's post regarding Unit 4

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

Re: [Ctrl-Shift] changing topic to Pattsi's post regarding Unit 4

  • From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte AT gmail.com>
  • To: Bob <elboco AT comcast.net>
  • Cc: "ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu" <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Ctrl-Shift] changing topic to Pattsi's post regarding Unit 4
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 06:10:55 -0500

I second this idea - when I was a college student, I voted no to every tax increase (ah, the power of being blissfully ignorant....).

However, instead of going in with the mindset of "rebutting" and telling people why they are wrong (*grin*), what about going in with the mindset of listening to each other and looking for valid points? The problem is, I don't know how that would look - a good moderator would probably know how to make that happen.

Furthermore, one of the biggest factors that turned me into a solid "YES" vote is when I heard about the CFT endorsing the referendum. My thought is if the teachers (in general - I know there are some who disagree) think the referendum is a good idea, I am going to stand with the teachers on this one. So just a wild idea (and I know you are going to laugh), what if the CFT were to engage with those campus town apartment owners and college students? What if this were a "community class" so to speak?