Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - Re: [Ctrl-Shift] Looking for a professional opinion: "Down with Algebra II"

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

Re: [Ctrl-Shift] Looking for a professional opinion: "Down with Algebra II"

  • From: Minsoo Park <parkmin AT u4sd.org>
  • To: Pattsi Petrie <pattsi2 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu" <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Ctrl-Shift] Looking for a professional opinion: "Down with Algebra II"
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:55:51 -0600

I agree with Kathleen and P2.
Content is a secondary issue. It's what's being dictated and overpowered by curriculums that drives instruction further away from providing opportunities to think logically, process it, and produce in a meaningful way.

Sent with MailTrack

Sincerely,

Minsoo Park

Enrichment teacher

Kenwood Elementary School

Email: parkmin@u4sd.org

Phone: 217.351-3815

No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.

- Einstein