Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - Re: [Ctrl-Shift] Article on technology, politics, and the reconstruction of education

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

Re: [Ctrl-Shift] Article on technology, politics, and the reconstruction of education

  • From: Pattsi Petrie <pattsi2 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Bertram Bruce <chipbruce AT mac.com>
  • Cc: "<ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>" <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Ctrl-Shift] Article on technology, politics, and the reconstruction of education
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 21:34:22 -0500

I trust everyone has read We Make the Road by Walking, the conversation between Myles Horton and Paulo Freire in their twilight years.

P2

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Bertram Bruce <chipbruce AT mac.com> wrote:
Martin, thanks for sharing this. Nice article. I’d be happy to continue the dialog via email, skype, whatever.

Have you seen the news about Finland schools: <http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/finland-schools-subjects-are-out-and-topics-are-in-as-country-reforms-its-education-system-10123911.html> and <http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2015/03/26/no-finlands-schools-arent-giving-up-traditional-subjects-heres-what-the-reforms-will-really-do/<http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2015/03/26/no-finlands-schools-arent-giving-up-traditional-subjects-heres-what-the-reforms-will-really-do/>. It’s relevant to the reconstruction idea.

I’d also be interested to get feedback on my course for May on inquiry-based learning (and help spreading the word about it): <http://chipbruce.net/teaching/inquiry-based-learning-class/>. The readings list is very tentative at this point, so suggestions are very welcome.

--
Pattsi Petrie, PhD, FAICP
P2 Consulting

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.