Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - [Ctrl-Shift] Fwd: Educational Theory Summer Institute - August 19, 2015

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

[Ctrl-Shift] Fwd: Educational Theory Summer Institute - August 19, 2015

  • From: "Kennett, Katrina S" <kennett AT illinois.edu>
  • To: "ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu" <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [Ctrl-Shift] Fwd: Educational Theory Summer Institute - August 19, 2015
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 14:08:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear Shifters -

Great to see so many of you last night. I wanted to put two things on your plate:

1. EdCampCU will be on Saturday, September 26 - location TBA but most likely in Champaign. 8-2 again, and we’re going to ask the Cracked truck to be there. Like before, our sessions will be titled with questions that bring us together. See our previous schedule for some inspiration.

2. The Educational Theory Summer Institute is hosting an on-campus free to the public conference on Wednesday, August 19. I’ve attached the papers and the schedule below. The organizers asked me to put together a ‘roundtable’ that intentionally invites practitioners and presenters to consider why this topic matters for classrooms today. So, after the coffee break, we will all choose different tables and play with reading/writing technologies (things like GingkoApp and Twine) and talk about what they could mean for practitioners and theorists. It’s less of a ‘roundtable' and more of a 'structured EdCafe’ and, I hope, centers the questions we all bring to the technologies we use.

I’m looking forward to both events and hope you might swing by for (even a bit of) both!

My best,
Katrina

Katrina Kennett
Literacy & Language, Doctoral Student
Assistant Director, Center for Writing Studies
kennett AT illinois.edu // @katrinakennett