Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - [Ctrl-Shift] Fwd: movie to watch

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

[Ctrl-Shift] Fwd: movie to watch

  • From: Travis Faust <tnfaust AT gmail.com>
  • To: "<ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>" <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [Ctrl-Shift] Fwd: movie to watch
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 18:39:54 -0500

My dad just shared this documentary with me, and I thought it would be right up our alley.  It's about Aaron Swartz, who founded Reddit when he was 17 and got busted for making JSTOR open to the public by downloading all their stuff and putting it up for free on his own server space (he worked for MIT at the time).  Sad ending, but my dad said that a lot of his ideas really reminded him of the sociotechnical stuff I talk to him about, so I thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

Link below.  Cheers!