Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - [Ctrl-Shift] "Relationships between students and passionate teachers will always be the foundation of successful classrooms"

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

[Ctrl-Shift] "Relationships between students and passionate teachers will always be the foundation of successful classrooms"

  • From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu" <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [Ctrl-Shift] "Relationships between students and passionate teachers will always be the foundation of successful classrooms"
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:06:57 -0600

Just watched a TEDx talked (retweeted by Dintersmith). Having talked with a teacher and a former-teacher (both Unit 4) about our current classrooms, also in the context of Montessori. At the end of the conversation, we agreed that what we do now is very adult-centered, but what we think we need is something more student-centered.

The title of this TEDx talk flips the current approach; teachers as leaners and students as leaders:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6vVXmwYvgs&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=TEDxTalks

What I love about this TEDx is what the speaker ends with, which I have used as the subject of this email. It really has to come down to how we relate with each other.

--
Charles Schultz

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.

Top of Page