Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - [Ctrl-Shift] Balancing Cell Phone Use

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

[Ctrl-Shift] Balancing Cell Phone Use

  • From: Miriam Larson <larsonmi AT champaignschools.org>
  • To: "ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu" <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [Ctrl-Shift] Balancing Cell Phone Use
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 23:03:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, es-BO
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Hi all,

This article sparked my interest in balancing cell phone use and other devices. It connects to an experience I had recently where I stopped to give directives to fifth grade students on how to have a group discussion with a computer. Did they need it? What made them feel listened to? How do they use eye contact?

http://namle.net/2015/11/30/december-2015-m-passioned-member-joni-siani/

Her film trailer was also intriguing.

Take care.

Miriam Larson

Kenwood Teacher-Librarian

217-351-3815

www.kenwoodlibrary.weebly.com

  • [Ctrl-Shift] Balancing Cell Phone Use, Miriam Larson, 12/02/2015

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.

Top of Page