Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - [Ctrl-Shift] Google and Carnegie Mellon exploring 'blended learning' to scale out CS classes

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

[Ctrl-Shift] Google and Carnegie Mellon exploring 'blended learning' to scale out CS classes

  • From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu" <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [Ctrl-Shift] Google and Carnegie Mellon exploring 'blended learning' to scale out CS classes
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 11:21:30 -0500

Came across a fascinating and short article about new efforts at Carnegie Mellon with ambitious goals (ie, increase student engagement, provide for scaling of student participation volume and include more minorities/low-ses).

http://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/archives/2015/june/computer-science-blended-learning.html

I can easily see this concept being attractive, especially since I teach an introduction-level CS class at Parkland and am always on the lookout for how to meet the various needs of students. What I especially like about the approach that Google and CMU are taking is that they are trying to steer away from the "one-size-fits-all" mindset that has plagued us for so many decades.

--
Charles Schultz

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.

Top of Page