Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - [Ctrl-Shift] same time, same channel

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

[Ctrl-Shift] same time, same channel

  • From: "Reese, George Clifford" <reese AT illinois.edu>
  • To: "ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu" <ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [Ctrl-Shift] same time, same channel
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 19:07:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I will be at the Blind Pig at 6:30 tonight.

Something to celebrate: The Kenwood Craft Tech Fair was yet another amazing
event with kids, parents, and community. Over at the DeMystifying station I
saw a young girl taking apart a desktop machine. I am reminded again of one
of my favorite photos from Reddit http://imgur.com/zcRCz

Something to plan: Next Monday is a computational thinking and mathematics
curriculum writing day at MSTE. Also, some folks will be sharing the Kenwood
experience with the Computer Science Department with an eye toward further
school-University bridges.

I look forward to talking with all who can make it.

George

George Reese
Office for Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education (MSTE)
505 East Green St.
Suite 102
Champaign, IL 61820
217-333-6604