Sympa Menu

ctrl-shift - Re: [csPiggers] FW: [Friday Lunch] February 21st - Martin Wolske

ctrl-shift AT lists.mste.illinois.edu

Subject: Social discussion of CS in K-12

Re: [csPiggers] FW: [Friday Lunch] February 21st - Martin Wolske

  • From: Kimberly Anderson <k.seobhan AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Wolske, Martin B" <mwolske AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "csPiggers AT lists.mste.illinois.edu" <csPiggers AT lists.mste.illinois.edu>, "Bievenue, Lisa Anne" <bievenue AT illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [csPiggers] FW: [Friday Lunch] February 21st - Martin Wolske
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:53:32 -0600

I'll be there for lunch tomorrow at noon.

On Feb 20, 2014, at 8:46 AM, "Wolske, Martin B" <mwolske AT illinois.edu> wrote:

I'd like to get input on ideas for a DCEO eliminate the digital divide proposal. It's due early next month, but I'm in Berlin for a conference the first week, so I'm hoping to work out the core of the proposal the next two weeks. We've had several of these in the past. We can get $75000 for training and some equipment at each public computing site, which for schools would mean at least 12 hours _outside_ of normal school hours. It can be just for students or can add in parents.

George Reese <reese AT illinois.edu> wrote:

Come see Martin at this week’s MSTE Friday lunch. Details below.

CSpiggers social tomorrow (Thursday) at 6 PM at the Quality Bar.

No business meeting this week, but we’ll have updates on the various efforts. Avigail has been visiting Kenwood. We’re working on the three prongs of a plan Todd has articulated around curriculum. Maya is putting in a grant proposal for grad students on this project. There’s more. Lots going on.

George